Tuesday, January 12, 2010

About Me

Hello! My name is Kelli. I have been married for almost 13 years to Rod. We have 3 beautiful children ages 9, 7 and 5. I worked for 10 years at a large furniture company before the economy caused me to lose my job. I now am a stay-at-home mom.

My youngest is in development kindergarden. My hope was that when he started full-time school, I could find a part-time job to supplement my husband's income. However, turn of events changed that. Almost 3 years ago, my beloved father passed away. Mom is confined to a walker around the house and outside the house she needs to be in her wheelchair. She has a stroke 7 years ago which left her left side with only partial use. So, between my siblings, husband and I it was agreed that we would sell our house and move in with her. So along with being a stay-at-home mom I am a caregiver to my handicapped mom.

We live in a rural area and have about 2 -1/2 acres. I enjoy my garden and it seems to get larger every year. Along with gardening I enjoy cooking, reading, crafts, spending time with family and traveling. I also lead a teen moms ministry.

Most of my blogs will include items about teen moms, the handicapped, cooking, crafts and the trials and tribulations of being a mom. I hope you come to enjoy my blogs and will feel free to comment on anything you find of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment